Re: [opensuse-factory] Installation of Leap RC1
  • From: Richard Brown <RBrownCCB@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2015 13:25:31 +0200
On 18 October 2015 at 12:44, Freek de Kruijf <freek@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Op zaterdag 17 oktober 2015 14:16:55 schreef Per Jessen:
Freek de Kruijf wrote:
I really miss the opportunity to set the name of the system during the
installation. One needs to change that name afterward in /etc/hostname
which now gets an arbitrary name and is not even the name the system
gets from the DHCP server. The name it gets from the DHCP server is
shown on prompts. My preference is to have this name set during
installation and not to request that name from the DHCP server.

Isn't this the same as in 13.2 ?

It probably is, but still...

On those machines where I do not wish to use hostnamectl or salt to
change the hostname after installation, I just set it before the
installer even starts

You can feed LinuxRC ("Boot Options" on the installer boot screen
https://openqa.opensuse.org/tests/94588/modules/bootloader/steps/6)
with 'Hostname=foo' which will set the hostname to foo..

There's quite a lot of nice stuff you can do with linuxrc..our wiki
article is a fun read sometimes - https://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Linuxrc