Re: [opensuse-factory] Tumbleweed - Review of the Week 2015/42
On Sat, 2015-10-17 at 00:06 +0300, ellanios82 wrote:
On 10/16/2015 04:31 PM, Takashi Iwai wrote:
On Fri, 16 Oct 2015 14:48:36 +0200,
Dominique Leuenberger / DimStar wrote:
* Linux Kernel 4.2.3: this will obsolete the existing kernel-
desktop
   flavor. kernel-default will be used in the future; the update
is
   supposed to go smooth, but there are chances that some KMP
packages
   won’t be auto-updated. Keep an eye out for them
Also note that this will obsolete the all previous kernel-desktop
packages.  The multi-version doesn't work across different kernel
flavors, unfortunately, thus after the update, there can be only
one
kernel-default left.  At the next update, the previous kernel-
default
will be left again, of course.

If you want to keep the old boot kernel at this time, try to keep
the
last running kernel-desktop.rpm (e.g. download via zypper), and
install it manually after updating to kernel-default.

  - my first experience of new kernel-default with xfce desktop : my
xfce-start  froze my system : had to turn off power .

thank you very much Takashi for your good advice to d/l via zypper
the

you realize that 'the merge of kernel-desktop into kernel-default' is
mentioned in the section of what you can expect in the FUTURE? so
whatever you did: kernel-default was NOT tagged automatically to
replace your kernel-desktop on your system.

Cheers,
Dominique