Re: [opensuse-factory] Installation of Leap RC1
  • From: Neil Rickert <nrickert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2015 21:16:38 -0500
On Saturday, October 17, 2015 12:25:13 AM Freek de Kruijf wrote:

I really miss the opportunity to set the name of the system during the
installation.

I just did that.

I unplugged the ethernet cable before I booted the install USB.

When the network configuration screen came up, I plugged the ethernet cable
back in. I then configured hostname, domainname and the ethernet card (for
DHCP, so easy to configure).

If there's a working ethernet connection, you don't get the network config
screen. So unplugging the cable is a way of forcing it.