Re: [opensuse-factory] leap - partioning proposal with subvolumes for mailman, libvirt, named, pgsql ?
On Wed, Oct 14, 2015 at 10:43:11AM +0200, Lars Müller wrote:
Hi,

On Wed, Oct 14, 2015 at 09:26:51AM +0200, Per Jessen wrote:
I was just re-installing Leap on my test desktop when I noticed the
btrfs partitioning proposal:

* Create subvolume @/var/lib/libvirt/images on device /dev/sda5 with
* Create subvolume @/var/lib/mailman on device /dev/sda5

* Create subvolume @/var/lib/mariadb on device /dev/sda5 with
* Create subvolume @/var/lib/named on device /dev/sda5

* Create subvolume @/var/lib/pgsql on device /dev/sda5

I guess mariadb is installed by default, but what about the rest, is
that really also default? mailman, named and pgsql? I don't mind, I'm
just curious.

I consider this a suboptimal workflow.

I agree.

Instead of having these suvolumes all configured by default it would be
nice to have a generic mechanism which allows to create a subvolume on
demand if a particular service gets installed or selected for
installation. And if the filesystem in question supports it. You see
how much more easy it is to create them all with one shot?

The snapper package now has a program called mksubvolume which
does the required tasks: Find the correct filesystem, create
subvolume (with no-cow if desired), add it to fstab and finally
mount it. Can be used in a rpm post-install section.

ciao Arvin

--
Arvin Schnell, <aschnell@xxxxxxxx>
(AG Nürnberg)