Re: [opensuse-factory] leap - partioning proposal with subvolumes for mailman, libvirt, named, pgsql ?
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 11:10:33 +0200
Lars Müller wrote:

Hi,

On Wed, Oct 14, 2015 at 09:26:51AM +0200, Per Jessen wrote:
I was just re-installing Leap on my test desktop when I noticed the
btrfs partitioning proposal:

* Create subvolume @/var/lib/libvirt/images on device /dev/sda5 with
* Create subvolume @/var/lib/mailman on device /dev/sda5
* Create subvolume @/var/lib/mariadb on device /dev/sda5 with
* Create subvolume @/var/lib/named on device /dev/sda5
* Create subvolume @/var/lib/pgsql on device /dev/sda5

I guess mariadb is installed by default, but what about the rest, is
that really also default? mailman, named and pgsql? I don't mind,
I'm just curious.

I consider this a suboptimal workflow.

But I expect the following answer: It doesn't cost anything.

Yep, I think so too.

The subvolume are created with the goal to proect them while rolling
back a snapshot.

Instead of having these suvolumes all configured by default it would
be nice to have a generic mechanism which allows to create a subvolume
on demand if a particular service gets installed or selected for
installation. And if the filesystem in question supports it. You see
how much more easy it is to create them all with one shot?

Yup.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (8.1°C)