Re: [opensuse-factory] 42.1 and 32 bit
On 13 October 2015 at 10:52, Thorolf Godawa <nospam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Am 28.08.15 um 17:38 schrieb Michal Kubecek:
People, please... Some of these "latest shiny boxes" you are talking
about are over 10 years old.
well long discussion about it, still no result.

But the truth is, that a ThinkPad T60 or X60s with Core Duo and 4 GB RAM
plus SSD still is a very good system for doing daily work.

After Windows XP was discontinued, I mirgrated 6 or 7 systems lilke
these to openSUSE (32 bit) and all people using them are happy with what
they have now.

It's just doinig what it should and I mostly have no work with it.

Unfortunately only for 18 month, then I have to do a "major" system
upgrade was all possible problems.

In my office we are using CentOS because of that, but personally I like
openSUSE much more.

So Leap would be THE solution and I'm waiting for it to install it (at
least RC1) and, a 32 bit version also would be _very_ welcome (CentOS 7
also will be available as 32 bit version)!

CentOS 7 is only available as a 64-bit version

https://wiki.centos.org/Download

I hear rumours of a 'community created' 32-bit version, but like this
thread has spelled out several times now, we're open to that idea at
openSUSE too, just none of those people previously involved in making
our releases is interested in it..