Re: [opensuse-factory] Virtualbox broken on tumbleweed
On Tue, 2015-10-13 at 11:44 +0200, Dominique Leuenberger / DimStar
wrote:
On Sat, 2015-10-10 at 14:41 +0200, Erwin Van de Velde wrote:
Hi all,

First of all, I want to say that I do appreciate the work people
put
into Tumbleweed and I do not want to be too negative.

However :-) I would like to see missing packages like the kermel
modules preventing Virtualbox from working properly to be treated
as
bit more critical and updated sooner. Many people use Virtualbox
and
this package has been missing for more than a week now. I know you
can
just use the previous kernel to have it working, but fixing this
sooner or, even better, preventing the release of the kernel when
important kernel modules do not build properly would be nice in my
opinion.

Virtualbox has been published at
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/openSUSE:/Factory:/Update/s
ta
ndard/

This should hopefully end this long thread

by the way:
guys, when you run zypper dup and it tells you that it's going to
uninstall packages you care for (as it very likely had to do in this
case): why exactly do you do it then without thinking about the
consequences?

Just a thuoght: might be worthy to actually read the output of zypper
dup before pressing 'y' to do it.

Cheers,
Dominique