Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: Has kernel-desktop been replaced by kernel-base?
On 10/12/2015 06:24 PM, Yamaban wrote:
On Mon, 12 Oct 2015 23:50, Roman Bysh <rbtc1@...> wrote:
On 10/12/2015 02:41 AM, Jiri Slaby wrote:
On 10/11/2015, 07:33 PM, Dmitriy Perlow wrote:
Carlos E. R. <robin.listas@...> Sun, 11 Oct 2015 20:09:27 +0300:

Anyway, I understood it is been replaced or merged with
kernel-default.

Both Leap 42 & Factory-Tumbleweed provide it, so it can be just
forgotten not abandoned:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/binaries/openSUSE:Leap:42.1/kernel-desktop?repository=standard

https://build.opensuse.org/package/binaries/openSUSE:Factory/kernel-desktop?repository=standard

Neither repo has the merged kernel yet. After this happens,
kernel-desktop will dismiss.

thanks,

Yep. The kernel-desktop is now history. We'll still need the
kernel-desktop
for Evergreen.

Or we create a "switch-to-kernel-default" package, and name
that kernel-desktop. Spec-Content would be:

Require: kernel-default >= merged-version
Obsoletes: kernel-desktop >= merged-version

Or, would that be wrong?
Easier to maintain in the long run for sure.

IMHO, for Evergreen and TW that should be the way to go,
LEAP 42.1 / SLE 12 SP1 should be gold-master with merged kernel,
else much of the wanted simplification is lost for this release.

- Yamaban.
Yes. Simple an effective.

--
Cheers!