Re: [opensuse-factory] Virtualbox broken on tumbleweed
Hello,

Am Sonntag, 11. Oktober 2015 schrieb Stephan Kulow:
Here is the deal: you write a script in your preferred language that
will exit 1 if the test failed and 0 if the kmps are fine (the script
can be as verbose as you want to). And I will run that script as part
of TW snapshot tests.

OK, here we go: [1]

cat install-kmp.sh
#!/bin/bash

# ensure kmp packages can be installed.
# adjust $kernel_flavors and $kmps to add more tests.

# kernel flavors to test
kernel_flavors="default desktop"

for kf in $kernel_flavors ; do
# kmp packages to test (for each kernel flavour)
kmps="virtualbox-guest-kmp-$kf virtualbox-host-kmp-$kf"

# we only want to ensure that the kmp packages are installable,
# so --dry-run is enough (and faster)
zypper in --dry-run -y $kmps || exit 1
done

Let's see if this script can make some VirtualBox users happy ;-)

Needless to say that it's easy to add more kernel flavors and kmp
packages - but I'll leave that to someone who complains about missing
test coverage for one of them ;-)

BTW: Is your deal available for another script? I'd like to add some
AppArmor testing ;-)

Regards,

Christian Boltz

[1] says someone who didn't use VirtualBox for years ;-) - so feel free
to adjust the script as needed
--
Graphisch??? Wie meinen? Hast du zuviel Fleisch von zu "gluecklichen"
Rindern gefuttert? *scnr* Wozu zum Henker sollte man sowas brauchen?