RE: [opensuse-factory] Virtualbox broken on tumbleweed
  • From: Roger Oberholtzer <Roger.Oberholtzer@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2015 12:48:26 +0000
From: Adam Tauno Williams [awilliam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, October 09, 2015 2:38 PM
To: opensuse-factory@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [opensuse-factory] Virtualbox broken on tumbleweed

Yes, attempting to start a VM fails with:

The virtual machine 'Win7 Morrison' has terminated unexpectedly during
startup with exit code 1 (0x1).
Result Code: NS_ERROR_FAILURE (0x80004005)
Component: MachineWrap Interface: IMachine
{f30138d4-e5ea-4b3a-8858-a059de4c93fd}

I saw this on Leap as well. I think the problem is that the install does not
enable the kernel drivers. I rebooted the machine and then it worked fine
(happily running a 32-bit client in the 64-bit host!). I guess I could also
have found how it is enabled and not really have to reboot. But I did so anyway.

So for Leap at least it was not a problem with the drivers themselves.

Roger Oberholtzer

RST Systems

Office: +46 (0)10-615 6020
Mobile: +46 (0)70-815 1696