Re: [opensuse-factory] [Leap 42.1] IceWM is default login DE after install

On 10/11/2015 09:56 PM, Raymond Wooninck wrote:
On Sunday, 11 October 2015 12:22:28 CEST Richard Brown wrote:

It looks like out of the box, sddm is set to use IceWM and not 'KDE
Plasma Desktop' or 'Plasma 5 Desktop' which are the two other options
in the drop down (I don't know the difference, not much of a KDE guy)
No, this is the wrong conclusion. SDDM does NOT have any default and will
just pick alphabetically the first session file that is present. Once the user
selects a certain desktop, then this will indeed become the correct default.

sddm can not be configured to start with a particular desktop file, as that it
expects the user to make that choice. Only with autologin, a default session
has to be selected and can therefore be configured.

One could also wonder why icewm is being installed without the user selecting
this one.

The only way out of this is to make sure that the plasma.desktop file is the
first session file. We can do this during the installation, but is this what
we want ??

Raymond
Its installed as part of the X Window System Pattern which is probably a dependency of the kde patterns (I didn't check but it is for most other DE patterns).

Cheers

Simon