Re: [opensuse-factory] [Leap 42.1] IceWM is default login DE after install
On 11 October 2015 at 11:28, Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Am 11.10.2015 um 11:07 schrieb Graham P Davis:
On Sun, 11 Oct 2015 10:43:46 +0200 Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx>
wrote:

Am 10.10.2015 um 19:07 schrieb Uzair Shamim:
Hi All,

I just downloaded and installed Leap Build 0222, and even
though I selected KDE as my DE in the installer, I was given
IceWM as my default login DE when I first boot in. For me it
was obvious what the issue was but this may be confusing for
some new users who are not familiar with multiple DE's on their
system.

Is this intentional or could it be "fixed"?

openQA installed KDE just fine, so I guess you did something that
caused this - and very likely it's a bug then, but for that we
need to know what you did that openQA didn't.

If Uzair did something wrong, then so did I with Beta-1, several
times
I didn't say he did something wrong, I said we have to find the
difference between his (and your) workflow and what we test in openQA.

E.g. are you using autologin?

Greetings, Stephan

Greetings oh great release overlord,

I've been able to reproduce what Graham reports by doing the following

Default Install (KDE install) with autologin disabled

It looks like out of the box, sddm is set to use IceWM and not 'KDE
Plasma Desktop' or 'Plasma 5 Desktop' which are the two other options
in the drop down (I don't know the difference, not much of a KDE guy)

This was also mentioned on a recent podcast reviewing Beta 1, so I'm
confident that Graham and I are not going crazy :)

Didn't get caught by openQA because none of our tests on leap are
without autologin

Reported as bug 949903