Re: [opensuse-factory] Virtualbox broken on tumbleweed
Am 10.10.2015 um 23:18 schrieb Christian Boltz:
Hello,

Am Samstag, 10. Oktober 2015 schrieb Knurpht - Gertjan Lettink:
Shouldn't there be a mechanism that at least waits for the kmp's to be
of the same version as the included kernel before a snapshot is
released. Admit I'm not deep enough into the technical aspects of
this re. openQA.

I don't know too much about openQA, but this sounds like the test should
- zypper in all the kmp packages we want to have always installable
- rpm -qa --qf '%{name}\n' '*-kmp*' | sort
- check the output of the rpm command

In theory we could also check the zypper in output, but that's harder
because it often changes (hint: version numbers). Also, zypper might not
always install the packages in the same order. Therefore I recommend the
rpm output without version numbers and sorted.

Implementing that as test should be quite easy for someone who knows
openQA better than I do ;-)

You only want to check that it's installable, no? Then just check the
exit code of zypper.

Here is the deal: you write a script in your preferred language that
will exit 1 if the test failed and 0 if the kmps are fine (the script
can be as verbose as you want to). And I will run that script as part
of TW snapshot tests.

Greetings, Stephan