Re: [opensuse-factory] Virtualbox broken on tumbleweed
  • From: Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2015 10:49:48 +0200
Am 10.10.2015 um 16:12 schrieb Takashi Iwai:

For a KMP build problem, it's easy to see, though. We can set up an
OBS project (e.g. Kernel:stable:KMP) building only KMPs based on the
latest Kernel:stable. We have already something similar for SLE, and
this has helped to catch build issues beforehand.

That would really helpful (if Kernel devs actually check that project
too, but usually the bot submits the new kernel and that one doesn't care).

But in this case VB and bbswitch were actually broken (indirectly) by
the new systemd submission that ended up in Factory at the same time
and the real problem is - as already highlighted elsewhere - the missing
coverage for these use cases in our openQA testing. And I'm not exactly
sure we want to cover *everything* - otherwise we will spend 2 days
testing to publish and snapshot and that can't be the goal either.

So having some gaps in TW that require workarounds - like installing VB
from devel project - are fine IMO. We should cover what most people do -
and I'm not so sure using VB is one of that.

Greetings, Stephan