Re: [opensuse-factory] Virtualbox broken on tumbleweed
  • From: Erwin Van de Velde <erwin.vandevelde@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2015 16:40:14 +0200
Hi all,

Thank you for the interesting replies. The reason I see it as critical
is that Virtualbox is still a very popular way to do virtualization
and e.g. vagrant builds by default Virtualbox VMs. I have experience
with KVM as well, but since I rely heavily on vagrant for some of my
work and the libvirt plugin is not installed by default, i stuck to
Virtualbox. I will try the libvirt plugin I think :)

I am not familiar with OpenQA but can have a look. Is there no easier
way for this issue? It should not really involve testing as it is more
a dependency issue: TW should not push a kernel update as long as KMP
packages are not ready. As mentioned by Gertjan, there are other KMP
modules missing too, which can have a more severe impact on a user's
system.

It is all very interesting and I will certainly have a look, but on
some occasions I also just want to be a user, there is already so much
work to do, as is the case for all of us of course :)

Kind regards,
Erwin

On Sat, Oct 10, 2015 at 4:24 PM, Knurpht - Gertjan Lettink