Re: [opensuse-factory] Virtualbox broken on tumbleweed
Op zaterdag 10 oktober 2015 16:07:29 schreef Richard Brown:
Erwin,

Richard,

it's not just Virtualbox. Found out on thursday that the same goes for
bbswitch ( and probably other kmp's ). The latest TW released snapshot has
kernel 4.2.1, bbswitch-kmp-$KERNEL_FLAVOR is built against 4.1.6
A post re. Virtualbox by Dimstar hinted me to give osc a go, and I managed to
get the kmp built on my laptop, but that's not the way every new TW user ( or
one that wants a clean install ) should have to use IMHO.

Shouldn't there be a mechanism that at least waits for the kmp's to be of the
same version as the included kernel before a snapshot is released. Admit I'm
not deep enough into the technical aspects of this re. openQA.
--
Gertjan Lettink, a.k.a. Knurpht

Official openSUSE Member
openSUSE Forums Team