Re: [opensuse-factory] Virtualbox broken on tumbleweed
On Sat, 10 Oct 2015 14:41:48 +0200,
Erwin Van de Velde wrote:

Hi all,

First of all, I want to say that I do appreciate the work people put
into Tumbleweed and I do not want to be too negative.

However :-) I would like to see missing packages like the kermel
modules preventing Virtualbox from working properly to be treated as a
bit more critical and updated sooner. Many people use Virtualbox and
this package has been missing for more than a week now. I know you can
just use the previous kernel to have it working, but fixing this
sooner or, even better, preventing the release of the kernel when
important kernel modules do not build properly would be nice in my
opinion.

So please consider this as a question and in a constructive way as I
really like Tumbleweed.

It's an interesting question whether we can catch a virtualbox issue
on openQA. Does the nested VM work?

For a KMP build problem, it's easy to see, though. We can set up an
OBS project (e.g. Kernel:stable:KMP) building only KMPs based on the
latest Kernel:stable. We have already something similar for SLE, and
this has helped to catch build issues beforehand.

Takashi

Kind regards,
Erwin