Re: [opensuse-factory] Tumbleweed - Review of the Week 2015/41
On Fri, 2015-10-09 at 14:51 +0100, Luís Nabais wrote:
Why can't an important bug fix, like this virtualbox issue, be
deployed earlier than the usual weekly snapshots? It's very urgent, I
don't have VirtualBox working for days and I need it to work on some
projects.

There is no concept of 'weekly snapshots' - whenever the build succeeds
and passes openQA it is being released. if it does not build
(sufficiently) and/or does not pass openQA, it is not being released.

Of course I CAN release the snapshot which has a fixed virtualbox but
knowingly breaks ALL systems out there because the bootloader is
broken. But I'm not sure it's worthy the tradeoff.

So, again: snapshots come out when they are ready. This can be as often
as daily - this can be as rare as never. The more people that look at
the dashboards and act accordingly to get things fixed, the better the
chances to get to daily snapshots.

There have been workarounds published on this mailing list like 1 day
after the issue with vbox arose first - so there is no real 'blockage'
in still running virtual box, if it's a must-have.

Cheers,
Dominique