Re: [opensuse-factory] Remmina missing in Leap 42.1 Milestone2

Den 04. sep. 2015 17:05, skrev Johannes Weberhofer:
Am 04.09.2015 um 15:44 schrieb Dominique Leuenberger / DimStar:
On Fri, 2015-09-04 at 15:26 +0200, Terje J. Hanssen wrote:
Hi List,

Leap 42.1 Milestone 2 looks fine. I've installed it in tripple boot
with
openSUSE 13.2 and Tumbleweed.

However, Remmina the remote desktop gui frontend is missing among the
applications I use often on 13.2.
It should be available in the OSS repo as it is on 13.2

Thanks,
Terje J. Hanssen

Thanks for your query.. I just checked, and the current version of
remmina, as found in openSUSE:Factory, does not build for openSUSE:42
(see https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/openSUSE:42:Factory-Candid
ates-Check/remmina )

The fix was rather simple (wrong version check) and I submitted the fix
to the devel project.

Request: #329137

submit: home:dimstar:Factory/remmina@2(cleanup) ->
X11:RemoteDesktop

Message:
- openSUSE Leap 42.1 (suse_version 1315) also has vte-2.91.

State: new 2015-09-04T13:37:08 dimstar
Comment: <no comment>

History: 2015-09-04T13:37:08 dimstar Request created

Once this fix finds its way into openSUSE:Factory, we can also add it
to openSUSE:42.

Cheers,
Dominique

I have a trunk version in home:weberho:UNSTABLE:RemoteDesktop which could be used, too. It works much better than the several years old stable version (handling of the Num-Lock key, cursor focussing in Excel etc.), but remmina and freerdp are still not declared stable; therefore I did not yet submit any updates to the devel projects...

Johannes

Well, while both freerdp and rdestop packages are available in the Leap Beta1 repo, none of the respective gui front ends, remmina or tsclient are. Any progress here?

Thanks,
Terje J. Hanssen