Re: [opensuse-factory] Leap - sddm-greeter keeps abending, no gui available
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 09 Oct 2015 10:16:41 +0200
Knurpht - Gertjan Lettink wrote:

Op vrijdag 9 oktober 2015 09:26:19 schreef Per Jessen:
The other day I ran "zypper up" on my test desktop - now I'm stuck
with "we are sorry, sddm-greeter closed unexpectedly".

This morning I ran another "up", no change, still this sddm-greeter
failing. Any suggestions - do I reinstall from scratch? It's just a
test desktop, nothing critical.

Per, is that TW or Leap?

See $SUBJ - I'm on Leap :-)

IIRC there was an issue with TW's sddm package a while ago, where
people reported they could work around it
by systemctl restart displaymanager.service
or
systemctl restart sddm.service

There is no "displaymanager.service", and "sddm.service" is disabled ?

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (12.2°C)