Re: [opensuse-factory] Network Manager disabled at startup at random
Op donderdag 8 oktober 2015 14:19:20 schreef Frederic Crozat:
Le jeudi 08 octobre 2015 à 11:58 +0200, Knurpht - Gertjan Lettink a

écrit :
Op donderdag 8 oktober 2015 12:34:40 schreef Alexandros_ Alexandros:
I have the same problem with my desktop (cable no wifi).
NetworkManager it doesn't start automatically and I have to start the
service manual from terminal

snip
On a desktop wicked should be the networking method. Networkmanager is
only
useful if you do not connect to the same network all the time.
/snip
Bad phrasing :).

Definitely not..

There is proper GUI integration between wicked and desktop, apart from
YasT2 which is designed more around server usercase.
Am I missing things? What I see is that the installer on f.e. laptops defaults
to Networkmanager, on PC's ( all wired here ) to wicked.

--
Gertjan Lettink, a.k.a. Knurpht

Official openSUSE Member
openSUSE Forums Team