Re: [opensuse-factory] New Tumbleweed snapshot 20151002 released!
On Mon, Oct 5, 2015 at 7:41 AM, Moby <moby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 10/04/2015 10:36 PM, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:
05.10.2015 01:31, Patrick Shanahan пишет:

While the dl took quite some time, all five local machine appear quite
well, only one noticed hickup. Acer laptop with Radeon HD 8650G card
displays some odd ascii characters centered rather than the green splash
screen when moving from runlevel 3 to 5.

I also got the same funny looking characters after reboot. Usually it is
indication that console was not properly setup (no font loaded).

After applying this update to two different (one 64 and other 32 bit)
machines, I get the following error displayed during boot:

systemd-fstab-generator[95]: Failed to create mount unit file
/run/systemd/generator/sysroot.mount, as it already exists. Duplicate
entry in /etc/fstab?

Anyone else seeing this?

From quick glance over dracut package, it unconditionally adds
/sysroot to initrd's /etc/fstab in patch 0400-use_fstab_systemd.patch.
But systemd generates /sysroot mount from root= kernel command line
already. So we get duplicate indeed. I'm not sure what this patch
intended to fix, because its subject directly contradicts single line
comment :)