Re: [opensuse-factory][tw] glibc-locale requires more space than it requires
Christian Boltz composed on 2015-10-04 16:19 (UTC-0400):

Olaf Hering composed:

Felix Miata composed:

What's really going on here? This is not the first time I've seen
glibc-locale claim it needs more space than it thinks is available
on the / filesystem. What is responsible for this obvious
miscalculation?

Perhaps there is a bug in handling of packages with many hardlinks.

Interesting idea, but I slightly doubt that's the reason.

IIRC I've seen rpm's space-miscalculations in several packages [1], and
I doubt all of them contained hardlinks.

Could rpm be estimating using an arbitrary blocksize of 4k rather than the
filesystem's actual blocksize? In my OP, 4:1 was about the ratio between
actual freespace using actual blocksize and how much of that space would be
consumed if the blocksize making up that actual space were 4k.

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/