Re: [opensuse-factory] Slowest Tumblewwed mirror on the planet?
Steven Hess composed on 2015-10-04 11:38 (UTC-0700):

I am doing a zypper dup on Tumbleweed. I've been downloading for more
than an hour and I have 63 of 294 packages.
Speeds often slow to bits per second.
How can I find out what mirror I'm using and blacklist it.

Re blacklisting specific mirrors, I'd like to know too.

These slow speeds are ridiculous.

1: Check out download.min_download_speed = in /etc/zypp/zypp.conf.

2: Looks like on at least some mirrors, if you want TW, you need to configure
Factory. e.g.
http://mirrors.us.kernel.org/opensuse/factory/repo/oss/suse/

When I want to use a specific mirror, I manipulate the content of
/etc/zypp/repos.d/ manually (via OFM aka mc), copying e.g. OSS.repo-gwdg and
Non-OSS.repo-gwdg to OSS.repo and Non-OSS.repo, and when I want standard
mirrors restored, copying OSS.repoD and Non-OSS.repoD to OSS.repo and
Non-OSS.repo.

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/