Re: [opensuse-factory] [Leap 42.1] Can not start YaST software module - partially solved.
On Sat, Oct 03, 2015 at 04:52:46AM +0200, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 2015-10-03 03:46, Carlos E. R. wrote:
Crumbs. scrap all that. rpm data base corrupted. rebuilddb.

Then, yast autoselects a ton of packages to remove, including bash. I click
on all in this list, update unconditionally.
Maybe it will work.

Probably cause could be the previous sudden reboot in the middle of a
zypper dup this morning. Apparently known bug.

yast seems to be caught in a cycle removing a ton of packages, then
installing another ton the next cycle, then removing the first lot again...
now the thing got into a kernel panic. It rebooted automatically while I was
writing here (it is a virtual machine).

This seems to have massively corrupted your filesystem.

I reinstall is probably the only safe choice.

Ciao, Marcus