Re: [opensuse-factory] 4 32-bit build fails in Leap:42.1 project
Quoting "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
I was floored at the short-sightedness of the Leap team not building
for i586. As mentioned on the opensuse list, I would expected the i586
kiss-off to come from the bleeding-edge distros long before opensuse

Intel Core 32-bit architecture ended in 2006; nearly *10 years* ago. Any Intel powered device from nearly the last *10 years* is 64 bit. The Nehalem [aka i-series] processors debuted in 2008; seven years ago.

I keep devices around for a long time, but a decade seems a reasonable cut-off time to me. Hardware maintained for more than a decade is pretty fringe.