Re: [opensuse-factory] Firefox 41.0 update package, gtk error logged
Hi,

On 10/01/2015 08:28 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:

El 2015-10-01 a las 19:46 +0200, stakanov@xxxxxxxxxx escribió:

"The resulting list of repositories should look like this:"

# zypper lr -u # | Alias | Name | Enabled | Refresh | URI
--+-------------------+-------------------+---------+---------+--------------------------------------------------------

As you see, here we have the indication about the update repo.
If you do join it it gives an error (it should give anything)
because of course it is empty.
My proposal would be to put a very verbose explanation about this
being a dummy.
Then I am sure the fact of users searching for "update repos in
tumbleweed" will come to an end.
YMMV.

Better to fill it with some dummy package.

It's description could have an explanation as you describe.

Tumbleweed as a rolling release does not receive maintenance by
definition. However we have configured this update repository and
occasionally use it for emergency updates to be served out to users
prior to the updated package arriving in a Tumbleweed snapshot. There
were only a few instances where this was necessary.

With kind regards,
Andreas Stieger

--
Andreas Stieger <astieger@xxxxxxxx>