Re: [opensuse-factory] New Tumbleweed snapshot 20150630 released!
Hi Ludwig,

I'm totally fine with just one drpm. Tumbleweed is about keeping up so
that should be enough.

Thanks.

Jan Engelhardt wrote:

On Thursday 2015-07-02 23:07, Andrei Dziahel wrote:

Great to see next snapshot, but it comes with a problem — is it is
huge which may be the burden for users with less performant internet
connection (say I've got 2.2G to download on primary desktop and 1.5G
on secondary desktop/fileserver).

The general response has been: then don't update as often - or
even consider switching to the regular release.

Can delta rpm building and publishing be enabled for Tumbleweed
repositories?

The most recent word on it is: no, since there are so many updates,
and keeping (let alone generate!) deltas for all them is not
considered feasible, since users may have arbitrary past versions.

Well, I guess we could generate deltas for the last two or three
snapshots for example. The truth is nobody actually invested time to
evaluate that possibility yet. So it's unknown how much time, CPU
and disk space it takes to generate deltas, nor how much bandwidth
they would save.

cu
Ludwig

--