Re: [opensuse-factory] New Tumbleweed snapshot 20150630 released!
Patrick Shanahan composed on 2015-07-02 20:00 (UTC-0400):

Fabian Niepelt composed:

I'd advise using the -d option of zypper which causes it to only download
the new packages and not install them.
Let that run over night or during your lunch break or whatever and then
zypper up without the -d to overwatch the update process.

This is *especially* true when updates/upgrades are of this magnitude.
Having space, I *always* download the entire change first, then apply all
at once.

I've only done one zypper dup since 0630 hit the mirrors, in my usual way,
with DownloadAsNeeded in zypp.conf and with only the -v switch on zypper
cmdline. 940+ packages, and no hiccups. After all, this is a rolling release,
right, and with zypper, FOSS's newest most evolved package manager?

My TW installations don't have room to download a whole distro's worth of
rpms before starting the upgrade process, which can be a major PITA in
Fedora, which AFAIK has no option to not download everything first.

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/