Re: NVIDA - was: Re: [opensuse-factory] Road-map for openSuse 13.3?
On Thursday 30 April 2015 11:27:28 blue hut wrote:
On 30.04.2015 11:20, Bob Williams wrote: > I use the NVidia proprietary
graphics drivers to control my twin

> screen display. When I read the following...

Quick question about this: I have a Macbook with an intel and nvidia
graphics card. I used the nouveau driver and nvidia card for some time.
But my laptop got really hot.
So recently I blacklisted the noveau driver. And only use intel card.

But then I realized: multiple monitor doesn't work with it!

That is the strange part for me, I know for sure that intel driver supports up
to 3 monitors (laptop + 2 external using docking station). Maybe you should
raise that as the first problem, and solving this issue will mean that you do
not need nvidia any more?

I have bumblebee on my older asus zenbook, but I'm using it only to keep
nvidia disabled at all times (bbswitch). If I understand it correctly, linux
support for optimus is weaker than on windows (thanx, nvidia!), so you
actually have to launch stuff using bumblebee as wrapper, mostly intended for
games. I may be wrong though, never used it myself, only heard others
complaining.

--
Regards,
Stas