Re: [opensuse-factory] CPU overheating since recent update
On Thu, 2015-04-30 at 14:56 +0200, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 2015-04-30 10:43, Thibaut Verron wrote:

Just an update on the tests you asked me to run: until now I could
not get the live USB to boot (it hangs at some point), and I can't
let it heat idle to see what happens, because it reboots after a
while. The fan does sound a bit louder, but this is only my
inaccurate ear measuring. I had to go to work, I will try
troubleshooting why the boot fails this evening, and if I still
cannot boot, I'll try to start the live USB with a hot CPU, to see
if the fan goes berserk as it should.

I place my laptop on a... "thing" with a largish fan inside, which can
plug to one of the USB sockets of the laptop, or to a mains-usb
converter (I do the later). It keeps the base of the laptop cool.

The internal fan cools well only the CPU. Ram and HD can get quite hot.

If I can't do this, I place the laptop on 1 centimeter pegs, not just
on a table, so that air can circulate.

Hm, I didn't make my desktop box, I bought it :) Much more powerful
than lappy on stilts, and easier to get at the dust bunnies inside it.

-Mike