Re: [opensuse-factory] Road-map for openSuse 13.3?

Am 30.04.2015 um 11:27 schrieb Michal Kubecek:
On Thursday 30 of April 2015 10:30:23 Marcus Meissner wrote:
What do you mean with affected packages?

We try to push out only "stable" and working tumbleweed snapshots and
that seems to be working quite well already.

My Laptop is running Tumbleweed and I have so far not have had a
single troublesome status.
The risk of regression is much higher on version upgrades than on usual
updates. And as I wrote before, there are also intentional
incompatibilities where the new version behaves differently, has some
functions dropped, requires different config file syntax or interprets
certain config values differently. That's why I consider the "rolling"
word misleading: it suggests a mental image of a continuous process; but
there are changes that can't be "rolled" continuously over and will
always be discontinuous.

With the traditional periodic releases, these things happen on
distribution upgrades and I expect them to happen then. With Tumbleweed,
I would have to expect they might potentially happen any time I run
"zypper update".

What Torsten suggests would be marking such risky upgrades (what is
risky does vary by package, of course) and allowing users to postpone
them until they are ready to take the risk and handle the potential
fallout.

Michal Kubeček

Yes, those are exactly my thoughtsyou wrote.