Re: [opensuse-factory] New Tumbleweed snapshot 20150425 released!
On Thu, Apr 30, 2015 at 12:36:33AM +0200, Richard Brown wrote:
On 27 April 2015 at 16:53, deoren <opensuse-factory@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 4/26/2015 11:07 AM, Ludwig Nussel wrote:

Changed packages:

It wasn't listed, but xf86-input-libinput was upgraded from 0.8.0-3.1 to
0.9.0-1.1. The familiar mouse lag that I've reported in previous threads
returned after a reboot, but not as bad as before. Because it was still
affecting usage, I disabled the /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/90-libinput.conf file
again, rebooted and the VM became responsive once more.

the 90-libinputt.conf file had to be disabled on my machine before I
was able to login to X, otherwise it would crash on login - GNOME
would oops and force me to logout (Wayland worked fine)

Maybe having a whole bunch of 'catchalls' is not a good idea, seems to
be playing havoc with my hardware..

Richard, have you noticed that xf86-input-libinput is no longer been installed
by default? Which has been wrong from the beginning. This wasn't my
intention. Just an oversight.

Wed Apr 22 16:02:59 UTC 2015 - sndirsch@xxxxxxxx

- no longer install driver package by default, i.e. commented out
"Supplements: xorg-x11-server" in specfile
- 90-libinput.conf: enable tapping on touchpads by default
(http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-factory/2015-04/msg00233.html)

I wouldn't recommend using this bleeding edge driver for now. Mouse
acceleration also appears to be broken (or not available). I didn't verify
this yet though.

Thanks,
Stefan

Public Key available
Stefan Dirsch (Res. & Dev.) SUSE LINUX GmbH
Tel: 0911-740 53 0 Maxfeldstraße 5
FAX: 0911-740 53 479 D-90409 Nürnberg
http://www.suse.de Germany