Re: [Bulk] Re: [opensuse-factory] Totem plugins no longer show up and function in Firefox 37
On 04/28/2015 02:39 AM, Dimstar / Dominique Leuenberger wrote:
On Mon, 2015-04-27 at 20:31 -0400, Roman Bysh wrote:
Hello all,

Does any one know what the problem is with totem plugins?
Under Edit-->Preferences-->Applications.They used to work
with Apple trailers in earlier Firefox releases.

Is there a work around or is this unresolvable?

What do you man with earlier:

* Tue Aug 19 2014 dimstar@xxxxxxxxxxxx
- Update to version 3.13.90:
+ Rename "Recent" section to "Videos".
+ Remove visualisation support.
+ Remove browser plugin.

The plugin hasn't been around since version 3.14 of GNOME...
For the apple trailers, you can actually start totem directly and
switch to the channels => Apple Trailers is a pre-configured channel
and allows you to watch them with full comfort.

Dominique

Yes. It was when 3.14 was available. My DE now is KDE4.14.6.
I tried the gecko-mediaplayer as a plugin but the sound is very distorted
when playing back a video. When the video starts playing, I have to turn
off the plugin's audio and turn it on again and then set it to a low audio
setting.

Unfortunately. the plugin does not save the setting. So this has to be repeated
whenever you want to view a different clip. Must be a bug.

I still cannot understand why Firefox does not have a working plugin.

As per your suggestion I am now using Totem's channel to view the trailers.
What a difference. ;-)

Thanks,

Roman