Re: [opensuse-factory] CPU overheating since recent update
On Sat, 2015-04-25 at 10:47 +0200, Thibaut Verron wrote:

Booting on a previous kernel did not help. If I boot on a different
distribution or on windows, the OS does not see the fan speed sensor,
and the computer overheats slowly all the same. But as I said, I
already had similar problems with this computer (the fan was not
spinning at all, then), and I remember that it showed across
distributions in the same way. If I remember, I concluded back then
that something had set a bios flag that prevented the bios from
handling the fan properly for other OSes.

Hm. On top of what others have said about crud maybe plugging things
up, this paragraph suggests to me that your laptop may have crap for
bios, that you should perhaps look for an update.

-Mike