Re: [opensuse-factory] Switching SuSEFirewall for iptables
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2015 10:43:07 +0200
Uzair Shamim wrote:

I am trying to setup a machine with some docker containers but the
default suse firewall is interfering. Normally I would just add the
required rules to iptables for NAT and forwarding but it seems suse
firewall does not recognize the interface connected to docker so I
cannot add rules to allow traffic to/from it. Is there a way to
disable the SuSEFirewall and just use plain old iptables?

Yep, that's exactly what you do - disable (or even uninstall) the
openSUSE firewall, then add your own iptables script.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (8.6°C)