[opensuse-factory] Re: Re: IPv6 Privacy Extensions
On Mon, 27 Apr 2015 14:19, James Knott <james.knott@...> wrote:

On 04/27/2015 08:15 AM, Yamaban wrote:
Well, the default works just fine on my systems and I suspect it does
(initially) on yours too. I think maybe the default is being
overridden or fiddled with by something else, maybe by Network Manager.
(which I don't use). Just a hunch.

Do you have, by chance, "IP-Forwarding" enabled (YaST, Network config)?
"use_tempaddr=2" is ignored when forwarding is enabled.

No. This is a desktop system that's not configured as a router.

I'm not saying that to call you stupid or ignorant, it's just the
fact that more and more software messes with config entries out of
their assumed scope.
I'm checking for that with these two commands:
sysctl -a --pattern 'forward'
sysctl -a --pattern 'use_tempaddr'

- Yamaban.