Re: [opensuse-factory] New Tumbleweed snapshot 20150423 released!
  • From: Ludwig Nussel <ludwig.nussel@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2015 10:52:02 +0200
Dominique Leuenberger / DimStar schrieb:
On Sat, 2015-04-25 at 19:53 +0200, Florian Koch wrote:
during the update to this version via zypper update (updating from
the
previous snapshot, running gnome) after successfully downloding the
packeges, at some point the X-Server crashes and the black screen
only
contains the word "resuming"

If this is supposed to be analyzed, we'd need at least a bug report
and zypper logs (history) to see what were about the last packages
updated...

but then: there is a reason why GNOME Software uses an offline update
mechanism. You hit one of them.

And what is the problem? Note that we lack openQA tests for upgrades
still. So if there is a problem with some %post script or any other
packaging issue that only hits on upgrades we won't catch it
beforehand right now. Asking for that offline upgrade crutch before we
actually do upgrade tests looks premature.

cu
Ludwig

--
(o_ Ludwig Nussel