Re: [opensuse-factory] New Tumbleweed snapshot 20150423 released!
On Sat, 2015-04-25 at 15:46 -0300, Cristian Rodríguez wrote:
On Sat, Apr 25, 2015 at 2:53 PM, Florian Koch
<florian.koch1981@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
during the update to this version via zypper update (updating from
the
previous snapshot, running gnome) after successfully downloding the
packeges, at some point the X-Server crashes and the black screen
only
contains the word "resuming"

After rebooting i am unable to login into the Graphical Session , i
must switch to another console and run zypper up again, then after
another reboot it does work as before

Remember to run the upgrade in tmux or screen in case the desktop
goes down.

The basic infrastructure exists to allow offline updates like other
OSes but so far nobody has worked
in making it work for openSUSE.
(http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/SystemUpdates/)

Many people do not like it.. these people are dead wrong though :-)

That's inaccurate Christian,

From within a GNOME Session, you can perfectly trigger offline update
and this is in fact how I have been updating my machine for a while by
now.

What is missing is a nicer integration with plymouth - all we get is a
text progress in percent (which has the small issue that it shows 100%
at the beginning before it actually goes down to a real percentage...
but that's quite minor as an issue)

Cheers,
Dominique