Re: [opensuse-factory] removal of obsolete packages (here: gstreamer-0_10)
Dimstar / Dominique Leuenberger wrote:

Would it be possible to get an overview just as the one above with
respective links wherever upstream has patches (if you find them that
is). Once we know exactly what packages we really have to care for, we
can take the decision much easier, instead of a meta-discussion that
it would be good to get rid of it (off my head I know that pidgin's
patch set is in a terrible state - we had that for a while, but
reverted, and xfce still has an applet that depends on it - there were
plans to get a PA frontend, not sure what the situation is there by
now).

There is a quick way to check all packages for possible source-level compatibility with gstreamer-1.0:

- Create a new OBS project.
- Create a special prjconf:
Substitute: gstreamer-0_10-devel gstreamer-1_0-devel
.. and the same for all other sub-packages.
- Link there all packages that have gstreamer-0_10* in BuildRequires.

If such experiment makes sense, I could create it. I did something similar for wxWidgets in past.

--
Best Regards / S pozdravem,

Stanislav Brabec
software developer