Re: [opensuse-factory] messages: too many vs. too few
В Wed, 22 Apr 2015 04:49:53 -0400
Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> пишет:

Andrei Borzenkov composed on 2015-04-22 11:35 (UTC+0300):

Felix Miata wrote:

Through 13.1 there were always messages on tty10, very rarely any on
whichever if tty[1-6] was/were in use. Post-13.1 it seems there is no way
get them back that doesn't litter whichever tty is logged in on and active.
I've tried various combinations of ForwardToSyslog=, ForwardToKMsg=,
ForwardToConsole= & ForwardToWall= from the journald.conf man page, but
whatever I try, I get either nothing on tty10, or what's expected on tty10
plus complete trashing of whatever tty I'm trying to use.

Did you try TTYPath=?

In every combination tried I have had

TTYPath=/dev/tty10

uncommented.

If only that line is uncommented, simply logging on tty3 in results in 10
audit/PAM messages spit out before Have a lot of fun... on just dup'd TW,
none of which show up on tty10, where last message of 10 lines in total is a
10th systemd-fsck... line.

Using default TW installation after setting

ForwardToConsole=yes

I get quite a lot of messages on tty10 - except kernel ones. If you get
audit messages on active console, you most likely removed "quiet" from
kernel command line. kernel writes messages to active console and has
always been doing it; nothing has changed. In the past console log
level was often set to suppress them somewhere in startup scripts
(dmesg -n or similar); today using "quiet" by default effectively does
the same.

systemd will not forward kernel messages anywhere except storing them
in journal. Dispatching them to console looks relatively
straightforward; I suppose that is something that has good chances to
be accepted in openSUSE (it would complement existing compatibility
patches). It should not be hard to implement (it is effectively just a
single line).

The litter seems to
have escalated since systemd-2.19 found its way into TW. What incantations
are required to recover the old behavior?

Please explain how kernel behavior is related to systemd. Anyway, I do
not see any litter in default installation; so may be try to revert
your changes until you find what causes it?