Re: [opensuse-factory] IPv6 Privacy Extensions
On 04/23/2015 12:52 PM, Neil Rickert wrote:
For opensuse 13.1, I used NetworkManager so that I could turn on privacy
extensions (provides a somewhat random temporary IPv6 address).

With opensuse 13.2 (using wicked), this has been automatic. I did not have
do anything. Similarly, with Tumbleweed, this has been automatic.

But now, since recent updates, it is not working anymore. I am not getting
that temporary address.

(a) What changed?
(b) What magic incantation is needed to get it working again?

I experienced similar with 13.1. It worked with earlier versions, but
not now. Per Jensen provided a fix. I added the following to my
/etc/init.d/afterlocal file:

ifdown eth0
sysctl -w net.ipv6.conf.eth0.use_tempaddr=2
ifup eth0

I'm not sure if this issue is a bug or "feature". ;-)