Re: [opensuse-factory] Future of ext4 fs-level encryption in openSUSE
On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 7:11 AM, Stanislav Baiduzhyi
<baiduzhyi.devel@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
So, probably everyone has already read the news about ext4 fs-level encryption
for Linux 4.1. Out of curiosity (and because I'm a potential target audience
for that), what are the thoughts of openSUSE team and are there any plans on
introducing support for this into the installer in following releases?

Personally I'd rather see better support for using ecryptfs, much like
in Ubuntu, for data and home directories. The layered file system is a
'cleaner' approach IMO, no need to remember to resize the device,
you're not forced into a fixed size/ungrowable home dir which is the
current mechanism.

--
Later,
Darin