Re: [opensuse-factory] removal of obsolete packages (here: gstreamer-0_10)
  • From: Ludwig Nussel <ludwig.nussel@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2015 10:38:10 +0200
Dimstar / Dominique Leuenberger schrieb:
Thanks for bringing this up again - it is appreciated that I am not
alone with this wish.

It's actually been a long standing issue, as far back as in 13.1 we
declared it as a goal:
https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Goals_13.1/Port_to_GStreamer_1.0

To track changes in several packages related to one topic it worked
quite well for me to open individual bugs in bugzilla. I also always
created a tracker bug assigned to me that is blocked by all the
others. That way you can get a nice overview by looking at the
dependencies of the tracker bug. The combination with a wiki article
like the one you have looks really compelling. Maybe something like
this would be useful to have in our wiki:
https://github.com/mozilla/mediawiki-bugzilla

cu
Ludwig

--