Re: [opensuse-factory] partial internet access
On 04/12/2015 12:37 PM, Bonet wrote:
Since two days I am not able to connect to the internet with my second
computer. This happened quit sudden as I found out when I wanted to make a
zypper dup. Kmail and Chromium do not connect to the net.

The strange thing is that the Skype which I run on that machine still works
perfectly.
I have checked my internet setup but did not find anything that was changed.
The firewall was not changed and is still open for my connections.

Anybody with an idea where to start looking?

The things to check are the routing table with 'route -n', the nameserver setup with 'cat /etc/resolv.conf | grep -v \#', and pings to the various levels.

The routing table should look something like:

Kernel IP routing table
0.0.0.0 192.168.1.1 0.0.0.0 UG 1024 0 0 wlp4s0
192.168.1.0 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.0 U 0 0 0 wlp4s0

For this example, try to ping the gatewiwy entry in the row with the "UG" flags using 'ping -c5 192.168.1.1'. Substitute the address listed in your routing table. If that works, then try 'ping -c5 216.83.154.106'. If that works as well, then try 'ping -c5 www.samba.org'. Let us know the output of the commands in my first lines, and the ping results.

Larry