[opensuse-factory] Too much wasted space in the installer screens
  • From: jcsl <trcs@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2015 15:13:30 +0200
Hi.

The installer uses a lot of space just to show the name of the installation
step. In a 1152x864 screen it is using 396 pixels wide, that's about 34% of
the total. I think that we could put the text in the upper green stripe in
order to not waste neither vertical nor horizontal space.

1152x864 was the resolution I used in VirtualBox (if I use a lower resolution
it works only the text based interface), my netbook is only 1024x600, so the
problem is more noticeable there. Even with the 1152x864 resolution, the text
in some tabs is cut.

Another issue I'd like to comment is that there are two Release Notes in the
performing installation step: one has the text in Spanish (selected language)
and the other in English. I don't know if this is a bug or a feature...

Greetings.