Re: [opensuse-factory] fstab, systemd and UUID

On Wednesday 2015-04-08 23:24, Stefan Seyfried wrote:

/dev/sd* are in the class of the most unstable names you can possibly
get.

No, actually not.
In "normal" setups (no multipath, fancy storage etc), all disks are /dev/sd*

I have access to a normal setup.
Typical desktop tower box (19"x4RUx~55cm usual size), with extra 3.5"
cages ex factory. Contains 16 disks,

"normal".

Yes, it _is_ normal.

a "normal" setup as I consider it today allows you to only put in one
disk.

Quite a narrow definition of "normal" you have there.
I say normal is what's within 2 sigma.

Boring one-controller setups are within that 2 sigma, but are not
a majority within it, for server role setups are still quite strong,
and I hear we are still waiting for The Year Of The Linux Desktop.