Re: [opensuse-factory] fstab, systemd and UUID
On Wed, Apr 08, 2015 at 10:23:28AM +0200, Stefan Seyfried wrote:
Am 07.04.2015 um 20:31 schrieb Cristian Rodríguez:
On Tue, Apr 7, 2015 at 2:26 PM, ellanios82 <ellanios82@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

/dev/sdb3 swap swap defaults 0 0

No! device names are not persistent , that's why we are discussing this at
all.

in practice, they are.

USB disks are something out of practice?

Much more than all those persistent links which are changing
all the time.

The by-id links have proven to be broken/not persistent. That's
why we changed to UUID.

Actually, I cannot recall a bug report where UUID failed without
the admin doing something stupid. Before switching to UUID we did
have bug reports again and again.

Regards,
Arvin

--