Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: fstab, systemd and UUID
В Tue, 7 Apr 2015 22:54:15 +0200 (CEST)
Jan Engelhardt <jengelh@xxxxxxx> пишет:

On Tuesday 2015-04-07 22:11, Yamaban wrote:
On Tue, 7 Apr 2015 20:31, Cristian Rodríguez wrote:
On Tue, Apr 7, 2015 at 2:26 PM, ellanios82 wrote:

/dev/sdb3 swap swap defaults 0 0

No! device names are not persistent , that's why we are discussing this at
all.

How about this mix:

No.

We have PARTUUID, and that's working since 3.7 for msdos

There is no guarantee MS-DOS signature exists so you need some fallback
anyway.

ptabs if you
followed the thread, there is no need to invent a half-dollar custom
insular solution.

We take the "UUID" approach, but change it some.
ACSII "SWAP" translates to "53 57 41 50 0a", let
this be the first part of any swap Partition UUID.
even better if in the next part is the {Dev_Serial}

For the full mounty:
"SWAP{Dev_Model}{Dev_Serial}{Part.no}{Fillup,random}"

This is nonsensical. Not all block devices have a model or serial
number.

That way "swapon" can identify a valid swap partition,

Whether a partition is valid swap one can figure out by looking at the
magic bytes. We do not need to encode SWAP$model$serial$blahblah for
that.