Re: [opensuse-factory] Lockout during update (was New Tumbleweed snapshot 20150406 ...)
* Cristian Rodríguez <crrodriguez@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [04-07-15 18:18]:
On Tue, Apr 7, 2015 at 5:59 PM, Patrick Shanahan <paka@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[...]
I did notice unusual system load and found:
/usr/lib/systemd/systemd --system --deserialize 26

consuming 98% of a processor.

I do not understand this and restarting systemd did not help but a full
system restart did ???

Unless you attach strace to the busy-looping process to see what is
causing the spike in CPU use then we can't know.

A full system restart did work because the condition only triggers
under certain circumstances.

ok, I have a similar process but not comsuming too much:

1 root 20 0 185M 6408 4204 S 0.0 0.0 0:13.75
/usr/lib/systemd/systemd --switched-root --system --deserialize 24

If I see another excessive usage, how do I attach strace? And I will
report it.

tks,